All of our candles and wax melts are made with 100% natural soy wax made from soybeans grown in the USA.
Our candles and wax melts are carefully formulated with the highest quality of fragrance and essential oils made in the USA. We use only the safest fragrance oils available to provide a clean and enjoyable experience.
Our candles are made with various wicks depending on the size of the candle, the amount of fragrance, and other factors. All of our wicks are made from braided cotton and paper.
Nearly all candles sold in the USA are made with a petroleum product called paraffin wax. Candles containing paraffin wax release a black soot into the air where they are burned. At Old Trail Candle Company, we choose to use natural waxes for all of our products.
Toxic Fragrance Oils
Fragrance oils come from all sorts of suppliers all over the world. In most instances, there is no way to determine what harmful chemicals these fragrances may contain. Many fragrance oils have been found to contain toxic chemicals, carcinogens, or phthalates. We use superior fragrance and essential oils made in the USA that are certified to be free from known toxins, carcinogens, and other dangerous chemicals.
Wicks That Contain Lead
The use of lead in candle wicks has been banned in the USA since 2003. However, many candles are imported from countries without similar regulations in place to protect consumers. Old Trail Candles are made in the USA and do not contain lead.
Candle Care and Safety Tips
Help your candle perform at its best by following these easy candle care tips:
1. Keep the wick trimmed to 1/4" at all times.
2. When burning a candle for the first time, allow it to burn long enough for the wax to melt to the edges of the container.
3. Do not burn a candle for longer than four hours at a time.
4. Keep candle within sight and away from flammable objects and drafts at all times.
5. Keep the wax melt pool free of debris.
6. Keep candles out of reach of children and pets at all times.